Nostalgia and class. That describes Andy Williams who founded a theatre 25 years ago in Branson, Missouri.
Andy Williams Boulevard is the street that runs outside of the Andy Williams Performing Arts Center in Branson, MO. Or it will be, after the naming ceremony on May 5.”
— Jimmy Osmond
BRANSON, MISSOURI, UNITED STATES, April 27, 2017 — For Immediate Release
From: Stacey J. Miller, Publicist
S. J. Miller Communications
BRANSON, MO – April 2017 – “Andy Williams Boulevard is the street that runs outside of the Andy Williams Performing Arts Center in Branson, MO,” Jimmy Osmond shares with a smile. “Or it will be after the naming ceremony on May 5. The city of Branson has given us a permit to name the street that runs connects Highway 76 and Green Mountain Drive after Andy, and I know he’d be so honored by that.”
Osmond, the youngest member of the Osmond family, continues, “Andy really deserves this. He was the first non-country artist to open a theatre in Branson. He paved the way for so many people to make it their home, including me.” He emphasizes that he never imagined he would own the Andy Williams Performing Arts Center, and adds, “To continue Andy’s amazing legacy is such a privilege. I’m so grateful to Branson for continuing to recognize Andy’s significant contribution to the city.”
Adding to the excitement is the fact that this year marks the 25th anniversary celebration of the Andy Williams Performing Arts Center. “It promises to be the most exciting yet,” says owner Jimmy Osmond. “Andy opened this theater in 1992 and, in the past 25 years, it has hosted almost eight million visitors. It’s a great honor to continue Andy’s vision and his legacy.”
The season began in March with Master Illusionist Rick Thomas and his award winning show. Thomas performs the most intriguing and innovative grand illusions in the world with a style unlike any other magical entertainer. Rick’s show is well known around the world and has become a Branson favorite.
• Jimmy Osmond will star in “Moon River and Me” during select dates from April 25 through September 29 with special guest Charlie Green and The Moon River Band. The show received rave reviews when it debuted at the Andy Williams Performing Arts Center in 2015, and has played to sold-out audiences in Las Vegas and its U.K. tour. “To perform the show on the theatre’s 25th anniversary is just such an incredible privilege,” said Jimmy.
Celebrity Weekends Series:
• The Platters and The Drifters appear on August 12, 2017
• Country legend Tanya Tucker appears with EmiSunshine September 16
• Classic rock band America appears October 8
• Country music’s most awarded female artist, Loretta Lynn, appears October 14 and 15
• Singer/songwriter/superstar Neil Sedaka appears October 21
• Dick Fox’s Golden Boys starring Frankie Avalon, Fabian and Bobby Rydell appear October 28
• Paul Anka – Celebrating 60 Years of Hits – His Way appears November 12
Christmas at the Andy Williams PAC:
• The Lettermen begin performing in October and their Christmas show runs Nov 1 – Dec 16. Their timeless harmonies include “The Way You Look Tonight,” “When I Fall in Love,” and many more.
• Hallmark Presents Maxine’s Christmas Carol appears November 1 through December 16. Hallmark’s tell-it-like-it-is Maxine stars in a live-action musical version of “A Christmas Carol.”
• Everyone’s favorite Christmas tradition, The Andy Williams Christmas Extravaganza, runs November 1-18. Hosted by Jimmy Osmond, the show stars The 5th Dimension, known for many hits such as “Up, Up & Away,” “Wedding Bell Blues,” and “One Less Bell to Answer.” Featured guests include: “Britain’s Got Talent” sensation Charlie Green; illusionist Rick Thomas; celebrated ventriloquist Steve Hewlett; The Andy Williams Singers & Dancers, and The Moon River Band.
Beginning November 20 through December 19, The Osmonds and Lennon Sisters take over their run of the Andy Williams Christmas Extravaganza, along with The Lennon Granddaughters and illusionist Rick Thomas.
Come celebrate our nostalgic 2017 season at the Andy Williams Performing Center celebrating 25 years of family entertainment in Branson. For tickets, contact our box office at 1-800-MOON-094 or 417-334-4500, or visit andywilliamspac.com.
To schedule an interview with Jimmy Osmond or other featured artists, contact Terri Shoemaker at [email protected].
# # #
Andy Williams Performing Arts Center
email us here